Chopard is disclosing an unpretentious facelift of the neat, comfortable and amazingly all around designed L.U.C XPS. Fortunately it comes in various forms which will suit all preferences and pockets: from the proudly savvy blued-dialed platinum adaptation to the more moderate steel form, an incredible open door on the off chance that you are searching for a very good quality “haute-horlogerie” dress watch at an available value point. Here’s an early active look.
With this facelift, the stylish and downplayed L.U.C XPS stays consistent with its fit with a case estimating 40 mm in measurement and 7.2 mm thick. As you would expect with a particularly slim profile and ergonomic case, it is exquisite and eminently comfortable on the wrist. The meticulousness is truly great and the completion immaculate with cleaned surfaces and silk brushed flanks and between drag space. It would be surely hard to track down any deficiency, directly down to its proportional marked crown.
The new XPS steel watches come with inconspicuously upgraded dials. The steel adaptation has a white dial with a fine-grained finish. The gold variant dials are either silver-conditioned or dark with sunburst finish, and the amazing top of the reach platinum rendition includes a galvanic blue dial with sunburst finish.
The little seconds subdial is finely snailed. The applied numerals and hour markers are overlaid or rhodium-plated, and matched with the L.U.C signature fusée-dauphine hands.
All three models depend on various renditions of a similar development; the perfectly planned and completed type 96. This extra-slight (simply 3.3 mm thick) programmed development is a cutting edge development, which includes a miniature rotor with bi-directional winding. It runs at 28,800 vibrations each hour with a sound force save (58 to 65h) on account of its two stacked coaxial barrels that likewise guarantee more consistent torque.
The development is done to various principles relying upon the adaptations. The richly improved 96.01-L bears the Geneva seal. The steel variant’s development finish and configuration is somewhat easier – specifically, the rotor is in hefty metal (rather than 22 ct. gold) and it doesn’t highlight the rich swan-neck controller. Something entirely reasonable as it permits Chopard to propose the new steel XPS at CHF 7,900, which is a lower cost than the past steel renditions, mirroring these minor item refreshes. All things considered, it appears to be brilliant incentive for a rich dress watch fitted with a development of great pedigree.
The Chopard L.U.C XPS is combined with wonderful hand-sewed crocodile ties with gator fixing got with an exquisite pin clasp engraved with the L.U.C logo. For more data about Chopard, if it’s not too much trouble, visit www.chopard.com.
Technical determinations Chopard L.U.C XPS
- Case: 40 mm x 7.2 mm – steel, white gold, pink gold or platinum case – sapphire precious stone and transparent case back with antireflective covering – water impervious to 30m.
- Movement: type 96.50, 96.12-L, 96.01-L mechanical with automatic winding (miniature rotor) – 27.4 mm x 3.3 mm – 58 to 65h power save (contingent upon the development form) – 28’800 vibrations/h – 27/29 gems – hours, minutes, little seconds and date. COSC endorsement. Geneva Seal quality trademark for the 96.01-L.
- Strap: alligator cowhide with pin buckle.
- Price: CHF 7,900 in steel, CHF 15,160 in gold, CHF 24,630 in platinum
- Reference: 168591-3001 in treated steel, 161948-5001 in 18ct rose gold, 161948-1001 in 18ct white gold, 161946-9001 in platinum