Dolce & Gabbana makes its introduction in the realm of Haute Horlogerie… Clearly, this was something we didn’t anticipate seeing when going around Baselworld. Among the introductions encompassing the watch and Jewelry reasonable, the Italian style force to be reckoned with was exhibiting its watch assortments in the elite settings of the rich Hotel des Trois Rois. Keep perusing on the off chance that you are okay with something… Let’s say, different!
It isn’t not difficult to encompass the plan of Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana inside a definition. Their rich styling bears the engraving of Mediterranean practice celebrating boisterously Italian overabundance. As the Maison is starting an essential move in its watch activities – going discount – it is making its introduction in the realm of Haute Horlogerie revealing four one of a kind pieces.
Faithful to the perky richness that characterizes the Dolce & Gabbana style, these four manifestations bear the engraving of the ornate style – which verifiably began in Italy – with vivacious, bended, overflowing structures and rich decorations. Like the brand’s adornments, it is luxuriously enlivened with brilliant tones. Each case was produced utilizing modern metalworking methods or customary specialties, for example, plating, hand-painting or jewel setting. The style is absolutely polarizing and will not be as everybody would prefer, however the workmanship engaged with their making is in reality impressive.
These 4 watches are fueled with top of the line, complex developments delivered with Pierre Favre’s MHC (Manufacture de Hautes Complications). Settled in Geneva, MHC spends significant time in creating and assembling top of the line complicated developments and has been working with probably the most unmistakable brands in the business. Curiously, their creation included the D&G Jewelry workshop experts liable for the great etching and enrichment of components.
With Pierre Favre liable for development assembling (or rebuilding of a vintage development for the Othello watch), it is nothing unexpected that these are wonderfully executed. For example, the toll of the ‘Wear Carlo’ is amazingly boisterous and clear, regardless of the irregular state of the lavishly enlivened case whose jade dial is taken cover behind an open-worked pivoted cover.
Dolce & Gabbana Alta Orologeria Don Carlo
Don Carlo, minute repeater and tourbillon, a 46mm gold watch with completely engraved case, and gold/pearl set pivoted cover over the dial. Noisy and present, the plan is extremely close to home yet the work done on gold and on the development, is impressive.
- Case: 46 mm – hand-engraved yellow gold set with 11 emeralds 2.19 cts – sapphire precious stone, sapphire caseback – jade dial with decorated gold markers
- Movement: DG 13.01 – 30.00 mm x 6.10 mm – mechanical with manual winding – 72h power hold – 21,600 vibrations/h – 29 gems – hours, minutes, brief flying tourbillon and moment repeater
- Strap: croc with wellbeing collapsing buckle
- Retail value: EUR 575’000
- Unique piece
Dolce & Gabbana Alta Orologeria MacBeth
MacBeth, a Tourbillon Monopusher Chronograph with a completely sheared gold case and arm band, just as an engraved gold dial. The development is known (seen in different watches, like B&R). Once more, a boisterous and present watch, anyway with specialized content.
- Case: 46 mm – hand-engraved yellow gold – sapphire precious stone, sapphire caseback – hand-engraved yellow gold dial – crown set with one ruby
- Movement: DG 23.01 – 30.00 mm x 5.00 mm – mechanical with manual winding – 100h power hold – 21,600 vibrations/h – 35 gems – hours, minutes, monopusher segment wheel chronograph, power save sign, brief flying tourbillon
- Bracelet: hand-engraved yellow gold
- Retail value: EUR 275’000
- Unique piece
Dolce & Gabbana Alta Orologeria Nabucco
Nabucco, a Flying Tourbillon with miniature rotor, again with a yellow gold engraved case. The style is considerably more extravagant here, with this additional engraved piece on top and the Roman numerals on the dial. Once more, the etching work is just stunning.
- Case: 44.5 mm – engraved yellow gold – sapphire gem – engraved gold and lacquer dial – crown set with one ruby
- Movement: DG 33.01 – 36.00 mm x 3.70 mm – mechanical with automatic winding (miniature rotor) – 50h power save – 21,600 vibrations/h – 29 gems – hours, minutes, brief flying tourbillon
- Strap: gator with security collapsing buckle
- Retail value: EUR 195’000
- Unique piece
Dolce & Gabbana Alta Orologeria Othello
Othello highlights a vintage development and dial that have been reestablished and encased in a rectangular case, in a sapphire sandwich. By and by, the central matter of interest is about gems and métiers d’arts.
- Case: 38×44 mm – engraved yellow gold set with 1 jewel and two rubies – sapphire precious stone, sapphire caseback – mother-of-pearl dial
- Movement: DG 53.01 – 22.00 mm x 3.70 mm – mechanical with manual winding – 32h power hold – 18,000 vibrations/h – 15 gems – hours, minutes
- Strap: gator with wellbeing collapsing buckle
- Retail value: EUR 95’000
- Unique piece