Recently, Audemars Piguet has had a ton of hot news features – unprecedented revenues, stopping the SIHH, new innovative associations. We concluded that it was the ideal opportunity for us to move to Le Brassus and have a decent talk with the one individual to respond to our inquiries: François-Henry Bennahmias, CEO of Audemars Piguet. It isn’t the first run through we’re in discussion with François-Henry – see here , here and here – and each time, his straight talk brings the correct answers. Today’s video meet (perceptible on top of this article) is brimming with fascinating realities and observations.
Without delving a lot into the insights regarding the meeting – we leave this to François-Henry – there are a few significant points that we needed to explain about Audemars Piguet.
- 1 billion Swiss Francs revenue – Even though François-Henry Bennahmias accentuates the way that this number wasn’t the ultimate objective of the brand’s methodology, it’s not possible for anyone to ignore this impressive exhibition. Is intriguing that this increment with regards to turnover has been accomplished with a consistent creation (around 40,000 watches every year). The increment is the aftereffect of an adjustment in the plan of action – discount (selling watches through multi-brand outlets) gets more and more supplanted by retail (stores owned by Audemars Piguet or worked with accomplices or franchises).
- Audemars Piguet pulling out of the SIHH – As we detailed in this article , Audemars Piguet (close by Richard Mille) won’t be showing at the SIHH starting at 2020. In the video, Mr Bennahmias clarifies the purposes behind this flight. Since Audemars Piguet has definitely diminished the quantity of multi-brand retailers in quest for higher combination (stores completely owned by Audemars Piguet or joint-adventures with accomplices or establishments), the idea of this SIHH (which is to present assortments to these retailers) isn’t appropriate anymore for Audemars Piguet.
- Time to market – Audemars Piguet needs to have more command over the presentation of watches all through the whole year. Time to advertise has become urgent for brands. Before, numerous watches declared by brands at SIHH required a long time to be conveyed. Audemars Piguet needs to change this (which means, declaring another item/assortment and then convey in the stores in the accompanying weeks).
- Knowing the end client – The last explanation, which has just been verbalized by the Swatch Group (when it chose to leave Baselworld ) was to have direct admittance to conclusive clients – which implies nearby occasions to present new watches not exclusively to retailers and the press yet additionally to authorities. By being nearer to the end customer, the brand has an immediate relationship with him, knows him better and in this manner responds quicker to his requirements and expectations.
- Certified Pre-Owned watches – A significant advance for the brand, which has, until now, kept fairly calm on the point, is the presentation of a certified pre-owned program inside the appropriation organization. As yet going through a trial, this implies that Audemars Piguet is currently, in chose official shops, selling second-hand watches.
- Swatch Group x Audemars Piguet hairspring collaboration – Recently, the Swatch Group and Audemars Piguet reported a mechanical organization for the creation of hairsprings. While we as a whole realize that attraction is a significant issue for watchmakers, an answer was found in silicon. However, Audemars Piguet has consistently wouldn’t utilize this innovation, scrutinizing the eventual fate of silicon innovation. Subsequently, since Audemars Piguet isn’t sure this innovation is supportable, the brand was searching for another arrangement and has collaborated with Swatch Group to make another antimagnetic composite for hairsprings – a cutting edge arrangement that is as yet dependent on conventional materials and that will be appropriate for the coming many years (and more).
We leave the floor to François-Henry Bennahmias, CEO of Audemars Piguet, who addresses every one of these inquiries in our video at the highest point of this article.
More subtleties on www.audemarspiguet.com .