The Tonda 1950 is one of our #1 time-just watches , here at the Monochrome redaction. Rich and exemplary, yet with an advanced and marginally Italian contort, it combines reasonableness with a brilliantly planned and completed development. For 2017, Parmigiani has another dark dialed variant of the Tonda 1950 Steel assortment , presently with moon stage indication.
The first thing to grab your attention with Parmigiani Fleurier’s most recent Tonda 1950 is its bizarre moon stage show. Profoundly contemporary, it shows the moon as seen from the two halves of the globe with two windows and two diverse graduations:
- South, the detail of the 29.5 long periods of lunar month: an estimation of the 530587981 days of the synodic month – Most moon stage watches include a wheel with 59 teeth (= 29.5 days x 2) propelling one tooth each day, while two moons seem in a steady progression in a window. The moon stage requires a revision of one day each three years.
- North, the moon phase: new moon, first quarter, full moon and last quarter.
The extraordinary opaline dark dial includes an even design with a proportional little seconds sign at 6 o’clock giving an antithesis to the moonphase. The date is appeared through a huge window on a white plate. The slim extended applied hour markers are matched with delta type hands with radiant material.
With a 39.10 mm measurement and simply 9.6 mm thick, the rich round case is created from steel. It includes the mark Tonda tear-drop case. Clear of Michel Parmigiani’s eye for plan, it is delicately bended while giving brilliant wearing comfort. The flimsy bezel outlining the dial is somewhat inclined. The crown has been amplified which is a decent touch while giving simpler operation.
The Parmigiani Fleurier Tonda 1950 Lune is fueled by the high-grade self-winding type Parmigiani 708, in light of the type PF702. The development is just 4 mm thick, thanks to a limited extent to its miniature rotor, a brilliant answer for wind the development in a compact development. The miniature rotor is engraved with Parmigiani Fleurier’s unmistakable grain beautiful example. The extensions are pleasantly inclined and adorned with Geneva stripes. The equilibrium wheel has four spokes and dormancy blocks. It works at 21,600 vibrations each hour with a force hold of 48 hours. The type PF708 comprises no less than 211 components.
The Parmigiani Fleurier 1950 Lune is complemented with an eminent matt dark crocodile lash shut with a steel collapsing buckle.
The Parmigiani Fleurier Tonda Lune is an exemplary with a bend, combining a sublime plan with astounding watchmaking ability and craftsmanship. As you’ve come to anticipate from Parmigiani Fleurier, the completing is flawless with demanding regard for subtleties… it is truly worth a nearby look on the off chance that you are searching for a fine very good quality watch with moon stage sign. It is refined, yet downplayed and rich. While it can’t be called modest at 11,900 Euros, it seems like extraordinary incentive for cash. For more data, if it’s not too much trouble, visit www.parmigianifleurier.com .
Technical determinations – Parmigiani Fleurier Tonda 1950 Lune
- Case: 39.10mm x 9.6mm – cleaned steel case – sapphire precious stone with antireflective covering on the two sides – sapphire case back – 3 ATM/30 m water resistant
- Movement: type PF708 mechanical with automatic winding – Ø 30 mm x 4 mm – 48h power hold – 21’600 vibrations/h – 29 gems – 211 components – hours, minutes, little seconds, date and moon stage indication.
- Strap: croc calfskin tie with collapsing buckle
- Reference: PFC284-0001400-XA1442
- Price: EUR 11,900