With Hublot, the word Fusion isn’t only the name of a watch. It is significantly more than that. it is a witticism, an appropriate rule for the plan. Fusion alludes to the idea of blending materials, something that has consistently been in the DNA of the strong assembling. Fusion of gold and fired, fusion of metals and elastic , fusion of gold and patinated calfskin , fusion of all that you can envision and more… Hublot dares to coordinate in watches materials that you couldn’t ever have considered . What’s more, they did it once more, with the Hublot Classic Fusion Italia Independent, utilizing legitimate texture dials & lashes, the aftereffect of a joint effort with the exceptionally creative enfant terrible Lapo Elkann.
This isn’t the first occasion when that these two horrendous offspring of the extravagance business do collaborate to make watches. Since 2014, two assortments have been conceived from the organization between Hublot, Italia Independent and Lapo Elkann. Albeit both of the past assortments depended on the intense, manly and large Big Bang Unico model (with carbon fiber cases and blue jean or camo printings), this new one will go on new domains, more unobtrusive, more on the codes of manly tastefulness and fashion. The objective here was plainly to push the idea of fusion, dear to Hublot, and of customization and bespoke plan, dear to Italia Independent and Lapo Elkann, to the most significant level. What’s more, the outcome can be seen on these 6 releases of the Hublot Classic Fusion.
The more exquisite and downplayed (to Hublot’s norms) Classic Fusion Chronograph, with a 45mm case, is here the play-field for a blend of metals with the best textures from Italian tailor Rubinacci. Also, here, no printings on metal plates to make dials. Much the same as the brand did by utilizing cowhide with Berluti, they presently make ties (much the same as URWERK did with the UR-110 ) yet additionally dials with legitimate textures, for example: Houndstooth, Prince of Wales (for three editions) and Tartan (for two versions as well). This task was obviously Lapo’s child, a man known for being perhaps the most rich on the planet, as the grandson of ruler of style Gianni Agnelli (ex-CEO of Fiat Group).
The provider of these textures, “sartoria Rubinacci”, was not picked indiscriminately: since 1932, three ages of Rubinacci have been at the reins of this foundation of good taste and manly refinement. They have dressed everyone from the Duke of Kent to artist Bryan Ferry, also obviously the Agnelli family, of which Lapo Elkann is the commendable replacement. They think about style and fashion without a doubt, and this can be found in this new Hublot Classic Fusion Italia Independent collection.
The Hublot Classic Fusion Italia Independent assortment comprises 6 watches, in 3 distinct materials: titanium with highly contrasting “Houndstooth” (100 pieces restricted release) or Blue and Red “Prince of Wales” (50 pieces restricted edition) dial and tie, dark earthenware with dark and white “Prince of Wales” (100 pieces restricted edition) or Blue and Red “Tartan” (50 pieces restricted version) lastly 18k King Gold with black and white “Prince of Wales” (50 pieces restricted version) or dull “Tartan” (50 pieces restricted edition).
All these watches come in a similar 45mm x 13.05mm case with programmed chronograph in it (ETA-based, 2892, 42h force save, 4Hz recurrence). Cases show the typical style and execution of the Classic Fusion, which means cleaned and brushed surfaces, the round bezel with 6 titanium screws and reconciliation of composite sap (in dark or blue, contingent upon the versions) for the center case. All element an elastic tie with textures coordinating the dials.
References of the Hublot Classic Fusion Italia Independent
- 521.NX.2702.NR.ITI17 – Classic Fusion Titanium Chronograph Italia Independent “Pied De Poule” (Houndstooth)
- 521.NX.2701.NR.ITI17 – Classic Fusion Titanium Chronograph Italia Independent “Prince de Galles” (Prince of Wales)
- 521.CM.2703.NR.ITI17 – Classic Fusion Ceramic Chronograph Italia Independent “Tartan”
- 521.CM.2706.NR.ITI17 – Classic Fusion Ceramic Chronograph Italia Independent “Prince de Galles” (Prince of Wales)
- 521.OX.2705.NR.ITI17 – Classic Fusion King Gold Chronograph Italia Independent “Tartan”
- 521.OX.2704.NR.ITI17 – Classic Fusion King Gold Chronograph Italia Independent “Prince de Galles” (Prince of Wales)
Specifications of the Hublot Classic Fusion Italia Independent
- Case: 45mm breadth x 13.05mm thickness – Titanium/Ceramic/King Gold, with composite tar – Sapphire precious stone on the two sides – 50mm water resistant
- Movement: HUB1143 type (ETA base) – Automatic – 4Hz recurrence – 42h force save – Chronograph with little second and 30-minute counter and date
- Strap/Dial: authentic textures from sartoria Rubinacci